The good people at The Old Farmer’s Almanac have recently released their long-range winter weather predictions for 2012-2013 season, and boy oh boy, it’s gonna be a cold one.
The long-range forecast covers the period from November 2012 to March 2013, and both the United States and Canada (‘Doesn’t it always snow there?’) are predicted to have colder than normal temperatures this winter.
Here are a few highlights from the US predictions:
· If you happen to live anywhere north of Texas and east of the Dakotas be prepared for a much colder winter this year – like doubling up on the long underwear cold.
· If you don’t live in any of those 30 or so states you’ll be graced with slightly higher than average temperatures this winter – but not high enough to completely ditch the winter hat mind you.
· Snowfall is predicted to be about average, except for areas around Great Salt Lake and anywhere in between El Paso, Detroit and Virginia Beach – best start practising those snow-shovelling skills now.
In Canada it’s going to be cold too! No kidding, eh?:
· Basically if you live in Canada and you don’t already have a good supply of winter hats, or toques as our friends from the north call them, you will want to be sure to stock up now. It’s going to be cold, much colder than last winter – everywhere! Well except for those lucky West Coasters and some of the residents of the northern Maritimes.
· When it comes to snow, those in central Canada – we’re looking at you Ontario and Quebec – will have below normal winter precipitation. Everywhere else, expect piles of the white stuff. So if you were thinking about planning a ski trip out to the Rockies in the near future, the 2013 ski season is the time to do it.
If you are a retailer, why not cash in on this opportunity and fully stock your shelves with some winter hats for wholesale. We offer a wide range of hats, caps and beanies that will fit all tastes. And just because it is going to be a cold winter that doesn’t mean the sun won’t be shining, so stock up on our wholesale sunglasses while you are at it.